Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July Update

          I have been a bit lazy the past few weeks, and haven't gotten to post, but I have had many blog post ideas flying around in my head! I spent the last week of June being a counselor and high school team captain at Southwestern Leadership [Awana] Camp up in Idyllwild, which was a fatiguing but very much worthwhile blast. The spiritual atmosphere of camp really ramped up the last day or so, and I witnessed many changed hearts within the youth I had been working alongside all week.

          On the way back, I had the sobering honour of assisting with traffic control following a fatal accident that occurred on the winding road down the mountain. A motorcyclist had lost control, and ended up underneath a van full of kids from our camp. It wasn't the first terrible accident I had helped with, but it was a solemn reminder to all involved (including witnesses) of the fleeting and temporary life we live here on earth.

          
          Other than that, I have a few minor projects I'm starting preliminary research on, and work has been really heavy. Post-camp, I've been working, reading my Bible(s), and studying history even more than I did while I was in school! Hopefully I will be able to find some time in the busy month of July for some more historical anecdotes, notes from the early church, and maybe even some book reviews! I really do plan to post more often, so perhaps my many ideas will eventually make it onto 'paper' more often than they currently are. Stay tuned, shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment